- Fenders – get your local bike store to install them. Simple and affordable. These gems keep you drier from down below and they help keep the crud out of your chain and cassette.
- Layer – that way you can stay dry and reduce sweatiness. Try quick drying, insulating fabrics like polypropolene, silk or wool that you can take on and off as you go.
- Stay warm and dry. Try waterproof pants, jacket and gloves (or a dollar store poncho/rain cape), a head cozy and/or hood under your helmet, ear warmers, waterproof shoe covers (plastic bags will do in a pinch).
- When looking for a new jacket, seek one with good neck coverage, reflective strips, a longer back because when you’re holding your handlebars, you bend at the waist, unlike walking. Look for jackets with pit zips. Even though it’s cold outside, you will heat up quick while riding, and under arm vents are key to comfort and not making the inside of your jacket a temporary sweat lodge. Jacket fabrics that breathe, like Gore-tex will help with this as well. It is often worth the extra investment to avoid cheaper plastic jackets that trap all your body heat and make a damp micro-climate inside your apparel.
- Grab yourself some cycling glasses that have orange or yellow lenses – these keep the rain out of your eyes while maintaining your visibility and ability to see contrast on the road.
- Find a place to hang your wet clothes at work so they will be dry when you go home.
- Be visible – reflectors, vests and lights, lights, lights! LED lights are bright and last a long time. Small turtle or blinkie lights are cheap and easy to clip on/off. This is actually very important for folding bike user in the city. Reason is folding bike tends to be smaller than a normal bike and careless driver can easily miss you in the dark. Most of better model of folding bikes usually come with pre-installed lights though.
- Use waterproof panniers (or line your regular ones with plastic bags). There are one-size fits all waterproof covers that you can get for regular panniers or backpacks that are elasticized around the edges.
Lots of infants die at a very small age and the cause is never known. This form of death is known as sudden infant death. If you wish to find out what is sudden infant death, then continue to read this article to find out about it.
What is sudden infant death?
It is a syndrome which is defined as the unexpected, unpredictable and sudden death of the infant, where the age of the infant is less than 1 year. And, this normally happens when the infants are sleeping. In fact, the risk of it affecting the infants is more when the kid is between 2 to 4 months old. In fact, 90% of the deaths occurring in the infants due to SIDS happen when they are below 6 months old. And, if the child survives that, then the risk declines.
In fact, the diagnosis that the death of the infant could be caused by SIDS is usually done when all other causes are ruled out. But, if one tries to follow some guidelines, the risk SIDS can be reduced. You could put the infant on his back for sleep and also avoid putting objects which might interfere with the kids’ breathing. With that said, it’s imperative that parents monitor their child with a monitor, especially when they are away doing something else.
Sometimes, the kids just die during their sleep without having face any kind of distress. And, the baby might have actually had a proper feed to before going on to sleep. And, suddenly, you might find the baby lifeless with no pulse or breathing. And, even though the cardiopulmonary resuscitation can be administered, it might not be of benefit.
Causes of SIDS
Even though there are so many deaths happening due to SIDS, the causes cannot be ascertained properly. Some of the causes could be:
- Development of infants: Some kids might have some abnormality or there could be a delay in the nerve cell development in the brain and this might impact the functioning of heart and lungs. And, the kids will normally die during their sleep because of the blockages in the breathing and other reasons and the kids might now arise from sleep at all.
- Sometimes, the kid might be sleeping upside down and might have his nose and the mouth blocked. Without having the ability to shift position, it might die due to choking.
- When the kid is lying in an upside down position, the swallowing rate could decline and that could stop his reflexes too.
- Also, in this facedown position, the kid might breathe his own carbon dioxide that it has just exhaled.
Now that you understand what is sudden infant death and how it is caused, make sure that your baby sleeps on his back. And, don’t keep any objects near him which will obstruct his breathing and choke him while he is sleeping. It is really stressful for the parents to lose the baby soon after it is born. Do remember that this is not genetic or hereditary and is not caused by any immunizations. And, only the parents who have lost their baby to SIDS will understand how stressful it is and how guilty they are of losing the kid. But, there is no need to worry or panic. With proper precautions, you can make sure that the baby is safe and securely protected.
A PCP air rifle is simply an air gun that uses compressed air as a power source. They are also known as pre-charged pneumatic air rifles and have been known to have either inbuilt air tanks or sections of the gun that leave a space for the screwing on of an air tank. These air tanks are then filled in using with a scuba tank or a hand pump. Most of them use pneumatics, but there is some that use CO2, while others are spring pistons. They usually have to be refilled after a few rounds of shooting have been done.
They can produce up to 30 high power shots without the need to refill the air tank though this varies with the make and manufacturer of the gun. As far as use goes, these kinds of air gins can be used in hunting, for recreational shooting, pest control and in a variety of different competitive sports. Additionally, these guns are synonymous with the 10 m Air Pistol and the Olympic 10 m Air Rifle events in the Olympics. They are also very widely used in the Field Target (FT) and Hunter Field Target (HFT) games. This is a competitive type of target shooting whereby targets used are knock-down metal animal silhouettes that have a steel ‘kill zone’ plate.
With respect to their legality, in some countries, air guns are legal and not necessarily subject to any kind of laws or regulations. In the United States for example, air guns are defined by jurisdiction and therefore the regulations may vary from state to state. It wouldn’t be surprising to find that in one state, an air gun could be considered unlawful because of the velocity of the pellets or the muzzle energy. Other specifications that are looked at from state to state the kind of pellet used to fie the air gun as well as the material that these pellets are made from.
Majority of countries tightly control the use of air guns that fire metal pellets than any other kind. The age limit for possession also varies and so does the sale of these kinds of guns. In some cases, you would have to get a permit to own a PCP air rifle. It also isn’t unusual for background checks to be carried out in some regions before a permit for an air rifle can be given to certain individuals, especially if they are from out of state.
A good hunting gear makes you safe all through your hunt. Your expedition will therefore be fun and enjoyable at the same time. If you are new to hunting you might be very confused especially when it comes to gearing up for the occasion. However, it’s always early to know the required stuffs for you. There are some basic requirements you will need before hunting.
License – If you want to hunt then you have to do so according to the law. Licensing ensures that you have understood the right regulations and rules that are set for hunters. This way you will always be out of trouble. In most instances you will be required to buy a license from the agencies which deal with wildlife. You have to keep the license well in your hunting gear. The license contains species of the game and hunting time. Always stick to the rules so if you signed up to hunt ducks don’t go hunting squirrels.
Ammunition and guns – The type of game you are going to hunt will determine the type of guns you will carry. You hunting gear have to have the right ammo and guns as well.
Hand Materials and Devices: These are the maps, binoculars or the protective glasses. The binoculars are very important especially when the prey is far away. You don’t want to get lost in the wild when you go hunting. You have to get the right bearings and ensure that you know the parking space, landmark and trail map. There are no specific roads and sometimes it can be very easy to get lost in the wild. Maps are available in wildlife centers and online as well. Sometimes you might need to use a GPS device and dogs because they are very important when you want to hunt squirrels, ducks or rabbits.
Vehicle – For big game you might need a vehicle for long distances and when the hunting grounds have clear cut roads. When you go hunting on water you will need a boat. You hunting gear also has to have flashlights which will ease you night vision.
The other important thing to note is that some animals have a very good sense of smell and sight so make sure you wear some clothing to camouflage with the surrounding if you go hunting you also have to carry boots in your hunting gear especially if you are going for bad terrains.
Are you looking to lose weight? In training for a competition? Maybe you are looking to shed a few pounds before a big date. Higher aspirations? Formulating a training plan with your coach to grab gold at the next Olympics? In either scenario, a health rate monitor may help you achieve your goals more efficiently and effectively.
How Does A Heart Rate Monitor Work?
There are hundreds of different models of heart rate monitors available in fitness stores and online. Almost all involve two key elements; a chest strap transmitter and a wrist mounted watch-like display. Some use a mobile phone to display the data being collected via the chest strap.
Electrocardiography (ECG) involves keeping track of the electrical activity of the heart. Electrodes attached to the skin pick up the heart’s electrical impulses over a given time period. This information is transmitted to an external device that interprets this information. How fast is the heart beating, what is the rate of increase and decrease etc.
What Do Heart Rate Monitors Tell Us As We Train?
Highly advanced heart rate monitors are on the market for sports enthusiasts and athletes in training. These devices are able to track and interpret many different kinds of information being produced by a body in motion. For a example. a runner with a sophisticated heart rate monitor will receive data reflecting how far he or she has run, the altitude where the training is taking place, and even the grade of the terrain in hilly or mountainous areas. There are plenty of good heart rate monitor on the market, and it’s often difficult to choose the right one for your need. With that said, a polar ft7 heart rate monitor could be a start for those who want to get a new one.
Understanding The Information The Monitor Is Giving You
Our heart rate varies depending on our activity level. There are four key heart rates you will need to understand. When we are relaxed,our hear is said to be “resting”. Your resting heart rate acts as a kind of “base”. We know how hard our heart is working before we get started on our workout.
Our maximum heart rate is the rate at which our heart is beating when we are pushing our bodies to the limit. It is difficult to measure with precision our exact maximum heart rate. We should be aware too, that pushing our heart and our body too hard could cause serious damage.
When we are exercising, we usually have a steady pace and workout intensity that we want to maintain. The training heart rate is the the rate at which our heart beats when we “hit our stride”.
Following a workout, it takes our heart time to return to to a resting rate. This is known as the recovery heart rate. It is generally accepted that the quicker a heart returns to a normal rate following exercise, the healthier it is.
Using The Data To Improve Your Performance
Of course, our heart rate while we are at rest is lower than when we are working out. And we know the heart is a muscle that gets stronger with exercise. The best heart rate monitors can give us information about how are heart is performing at different activity levels. Using this information, we can track how our heart (and overall fitness) is improving. We can use this information to pump up our workouts, thus continually strengthening our hearts and bodies. Our fitness and weight loss goals are not easy to achieve, but these devices help us get the job done.